Looking to expand your book collection, but don’t have enough space in your room to put those books into?
Create your own bookshelf, then! Not only it will help you stock up those awesome books of yours properly, but also clear up space in your room.
Here are some tips for yo
- Visualize first how your bookshelf should be like, how small or big it should be, how many layers or portions it should have, how many books or magazines it can store, etc. Draw it on paper if you have to, so as to estimate what size and dimensions your bookshelf will have.
- Next, decide where it should be placed. You can either put it directly onto a wall or have it stand against a corner in your room. For a more D.I.Y. feel, you can have it built under your dresser or make it a drawer-like style under your bed.
- Then, go and buy the materials needed for your bookshelf. Hardwood, plywood, saw, pencil, ruler, nails, screws, hammer, screwdriver, paint, varnish – these are pretty much the basic things you need to have when creating a bookshelf.
Find out the best chainsaw you can use to create your own bookshelf.
- If you’re going D.I.Y. on the materials, you can add in cardboard boxes, office clips, paper clips, stone weights, wallpapers, sticky notes, glue gun, ladder, or even pipes. Use your imagination with these additions and I’m pretty sure, you’re going to have a masterpiece after.
Click here for more awesome bookshelf design ideas!
- Don’t rush. Most of all, don’t beat yourself up over whether or not the outcome of your bookshelf is perfect. Remember, you are doing this because of your love for books. And just like that, you’ll also learn to enjoy creating your own bookshelf.
Have fun creating your own bookshelf!